Saturday, June 28, 2008

Proud of America

I agree with Michelle Obama. This may not be the first time but it is one of the times I can say I am proud of America and proud to be American. That's because her husband is in line to become the first African American president and his campaign has brought out more voters than ever. For those hypocrites who act like she said something wrong, be for real. Unless you are deaf, dumb and blind, you can't convince me that you HAVE ALWAYS been proud of your country. I was not proud of the Vietnam war. I was not proud of the assasinations of both Kennedys, King, Sean Bell (yes it was an assasination), etc. I was not proud of the election fiasco during the last election. Not proud of the war in Iraq and as an African American, I am truly ashamed of this country and this government's response to Katrina and it's victims. Did anyone notice that when Hurricane Rita hit soon after Katrina, those folks, mostly white, were allowed to board buses as whole families and even allowed to take their pets. Is that blatant racism or what??? So yes, I am proud of my country but this is not always the case. I am very proud of the fact that I can disagree with what is going on in this country and not go to jail or get killed (hopefully). So let's keep things in perspective, shall we?

No comments: