Monday, June 2, 2008

What do I want?

A man who loves me, exclusively me, a lifelong love, with no other women in his life romantically. I was going to say a man who loves God more than me but do I really want that? Let me explain. I think of the the homes in ruin because the man put God first to the neglect of his family. Men who were so married to the Church that they neglected their wives. One Apostle from Louisiana said God told him, "you take care of that woman. My job is to take care of My Woman, the Church."

It seems to me that we need to have a balance here. If loving God means neglecting me, then that's not God. Does that mean I put God second? No! God is all in all. It's an automatic that I love God. So do I want someone who loves God to the exclusion of me? Or do I want someone who loves me so deeply that he recognizes God in me?

I do not believe Adam loved God so much that he neglected Eve. As a matter of fact, God was not enough for Adam! In Genesis 2:18, God said it is not good that man should be alone. I will make him an help meet for him." But I thought Adam was communing with His Creator every day? Gives one pause to think. After all, all the animals, birds, fish, bugs, etc had mates. (Remember Noah's ark?) Adam had God, the Creator of the Universe. Yet he needed more. And God did not rebuke him, He blessed him with a mate. SELAH.

Makes us wonder, don't it?

(We won't even talk about the influence Eve had which was apparently stronger than God's directive.)

No comments: