Thursday, February 5, 2009

Etta's tirade

What's with stars like Etta James (and Aretha Franklin's uproar about Beyonce calling Tina Turner "Queen") stomping on Beyonce for singing James' signature song, At Last, at the inauguration? I happen to like that song and thought Beyonce did a great job. Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? Besides, Beyonce just played James in a movie. I don't recall James saying anything bad about that performance. If she had messed up the song, I could see James saying something about it. James also had negative words to say about President Obama. Whatever.

When are we (all people) going to learn or remember what we were taught as children? If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

I truly believe that if you know who you are and are comfortable in your skin, it shouldn't matter what people say about you. (Hope Beyonce reads this.) I stopped caring what others think of me years ago. My motto is, "you don't have a nickel in this dime - and if you do, I gave it to you. It's still my dime!"

No comments: