Saturday, April 25, 2009

Can we get an Amen?

Had a talk with a young lady today about not getting responses or comments on her blog. She said her freinds. etc., have been informed of her blog. I assume their responses are positive. They will verbally inform her that they have read her posts or like what they read but none of them have responded with a comment on the blog itself. Why is that?

I have a similar problem. I have several people on my email lists from both of my blogs and I've only gotten a couple of comment/responses. I am indeed happy for those responses ( and to know that I have a couple of followers) but I get the same answers. "Oh yes, I read your last post. It was good" or "You really upset the apple cart this time" or whatever.

So the question is, how do we get folks who read to comment (hopefully positively even if they disagree)? I know that I like to comment on posts that speak to me in some way. I'm in several writing groups on Linkedin and I visit the groups regularly and try to comment on posts that I feel I can contribute to. Sometimes the comment is as simple as "good luck on your book" or my opinion on whatever the post was about.

Anyway, all bloggers would appreciate your comments to whatever posts speak to you. I would prefer comments on the comments link at the bottom of the post itself but a comment is a comment. So to those who regularly read my posts, I sincerely thank you. I am grateful for the opportunity to do what I enjoy which is to write. Look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: