Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday time

This is supposed to be a happy time of the year and usually it is. For my family, this is a bittersweet time because my Mom took a turn for the worst last year this time (Thanksgiving week.) So this is the first Thanksgiving without her. Then 2 days before Thanksgiving this year, my cousin died. And my sister lost her Mom earlier this year so this was her first Thanksgiving without her Mom. WOW!!! Not going to make the usual trite remarks that don't make anyone feel any better. I don't know why things happened the way they did for my family over the course of 1 year. Are we still blessed? Of course! Can we feel it now? Probably not. My cousin's family is mourning the loss of a son, brother who had not experienced all that life has to offer yet. Yes this pain will pass in time. But in the meantime, life goes on. I am grateful for the years I had with my Mom, my cousin and my sister's Mom. It makes me appreciate the friends and family that are still with me. So let me remind you to tell friends and family that you love them whenever you can. It will be appreciated. Don't forget the laughter of your friends and loved ones. Continue to enjoy life. I think they would want us to do that. Much love to all of you.

No comments: