- Applying pressure to the acupressure point between the thumb and forefinger can release blockages causing pain, tension, and fatigue.
- To breathe freely, irrigate your nasal passages with a neti pot and warm water.
- Lots of disagreement concerning whether apple cider vinegar is good for you or not but it is a powerful purifying and detoxifying agent when added to a warm bath. Soak in a warm bath infused with two cups of apple cider vinegar to pull toxins from the body and clear blocked energy.
- The foods you eat have an effect on you physically as well as mentally. Eating a small meal rich in complex carbohydrates can be satisfying and can lift your spirit.
- Anxiety and fear dissipate quickly when countered with conscious breathing because concentrating on the breathe enables you to refocus your attention inward.
- Though tuning out can seem counterproductive, a few minutes spent lost in daydreams or listening to soothing music can help you see your circumstances from a new angle.
- If you feel ill health coming on, brew a wellness elixir. Simmer three sliced lemons, one teaspoon freshly greated ginger, one clove freshly minced garlic, and one quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper in five cups water until the lemons are soft and pale. Strain a portion into a mug, add honey by tablespoons until you can tolerate the taste and drink. This potent antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal mixture taken three times a day can ensure your symptoms never progress into a full-blown illness.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Getting back to wellness
If you pay attention, your body will let you know when something is not right. Here are some quick fixes for common ailments;